Position Title: Procurement Specialist
Appointment Type: Part-time independent consultant
Hourly Rate: $50-$75/hour depending on qualifications
Location: Consultant will work remotely, but will meet with some clients in person & some clients virtually. Consultant would ideally be located in Northern California, preferably in one of the following counties: Del Norte, Humboldt, Siskiyou, Trinity, Shasta, Mendocino, Sonoma, Marin, Napa, Solano, Contra Costa, Alameda, Santa Clara, San Mateo, or San Francisco. Candidates outside of the Northern California area will also be considered.
The Norcal PTAC is part of Humboldt State University’s Sponsored Programs Foundation and is hosted by the Northern California Small Business Development Center (SBDC), primarily funded by a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency with supplemental funding from state and local sources. Norcal PTAC serves the business community in northern California with no-cost government contracting education and consulting. Humboldt State University has hosted the PTAC program since 2013.
The Norcal PTAC seeks an experienced professional with in-depth knowledge of government contracting for the position of Procurement Specialist.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITES:
- Counsel small businesses on federal, state, local, and tribal government contracting topics in person, over the phone, or using video conferencing software;
- Conduct market research with clients to determine target agencies;
- Assist clients with DUNS & SAM registrations;
- Assist clients with certifications like DBE, 8(a), HUBZone, SB/DVBE, WOSB, etc.;
- Conduct training workshops, public outreach efforts, and similar activities in support of program goals;
- Assist clients in finding bid opportunities and preparing bid responses;
- Assist in preparation of GSA federal supply schedule proposals;
- Interpret FAR, DFARs as well as other federal, state and local contracting regulations.
- Prior experience working for or with a PTAC, or other federally-funded small business assistance program;
- Existing partnerships with Northern California business, construction, and minority organizations;
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least 5 years of experience providing government contracting assistance to businesses or experience as a relevant government procurement-related employee;
- Ability to use technology, including the Internet, PowerPoint, client database software like Neoserra, and video conferencing software like Zoom;
- Must be able to provide required proof of insurance;
- Must be able and willing to travel overnight several times per year.
Qualified applicants should submit via email 1) cover letter, 2) résumé, 3) three professional references to: email@example.com. For questions regarding this posting email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review date: The deadline for responses is Wednesday, June 12, 2019 at 4:00pm. Responses will be reviewed as they are received and interviews may begin prior the deadline. Position will be open until filled.
- ‹ Previous
- Next ›