Health Orders for Businesses
Keep your workplace safe! Below are contact to help you protect the health of your employees and business from Coronavirus, as well as contacts for state and federal employee programs.
Unemployment/Reduced Hours/Employee Time Off:
Contact the Employment Development Department (EDD) for questions and help with unemployment, disability, paid family leave, including:
- Sick or Quarantined Workers: Workers unable to work due to having or being exposed to Coronavirus can file a Disability Insurance (DI) claim. DI provides short-term benefit payments to eligible workers who have full or partial loss of wages due to non-work-related illness.
- Caregiving: Workers unable to work because they are caring for ill or quarantined family members with Coronavirus can file a Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who have a full or partial loss of wages because they need time off work to care for a seriously ill family member.
- Reduced Work Hours: Workers who have had their hours reduced or ceased due to business disruption or shut-down due to Coronavirus can file an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. UI provides partial wage replacement benefit payments to workers who lose their job or have their hours reduced, through no fault of their own.
- Layoff Alternatives:
- Partial Unemployment claims are for employees whose employers want to retain staff when there is a lack of work. A partial claim can be used for any claimant who works less than their normal full-time hours, and whose employers want to keep them.
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program Loans help you keep your employees if there is still work! This program provides a 100% federally guaranteed loan to employers who maintain their payroll during this emergency. These loans may be forgiven if borrowers maintain or restore payroll!
Employee Safety and Health:
- Cal/OSHA provides health and safety guidelines for workers Health Care Workers, Childcare Workers, as well as general guidelines for all businesses.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) provides Guidance for Employers and Businesses.
COVID-19 Updates and Alerts:
Payroll Protection Program & Funding for Employers
For Economic Assistance for Businesses including loans and grants, see our Economic Assistance page