Disaster and Recovery Assistance
Rebuilding/Hiring a Contractor: www.cslb.ca.gov; (800) 962-1125 To verify contractor licensure: call 1-800-321-CSLB or go to https://www.cslb.ca. gov /OnlineServices/CheckLicensell/CheckLicense.aspx
FEMA Disaster Assistance Hotline: 1-800-621-FEMA or 1-800-621-3362; TTY 1-800-462-7585
SBA Disaster Assistance Center: 1-800-659-2955 or 1-800-359-2227 www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/oda
American Red Cross: www.redcross.org
Financial Recovery Assistance
North Bay Emergency Relief Loan - Up to $50,000 in loans to pay for obligations and operating expenses, as well as replacement/repair of equipment, inventory, or property. 9% interest rate with no fees and a 6 month payment grace period. Loans are subject to approval. Any business which incurred damage/ economic injury from the fires. Working Solutions CDFI http://www.workingsolutions.org
Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program - Up to $1 million in loans (85%-95% guarantee by IBANK) to repair or replace property, inventory, supplies, and equipment, or to relocate. Interest rates less than 9%, negotiated with lender. Up to 7 year terms. Small businesses which incurred damage from the wildfires. http://nor-calfdc.org firstname.lastname@example.org or call:707-803-2102
Jump Start Loan Program - Up to $10,000 in quick microloans for small businesses to meet their obligations and pay their necessary operating expenses, as well as general startup expenses. Interest rates less than 9%. Up to 5 year terms. Small businesses which incurred damage from the wildfires. http://www.ibank.ca.gov/small-business-finance-center
Small Business Loan Guarantee Program - Up to $20 million in loans with a maximum loan guarantee of $2,500,000 or up to 80% of loan amount. 0 - 7 year terms. Market rate negotiated between lender and borrower. Small Businesses located in California with 1-750 Employees. http://nor-calfdc.org email@example.com or call: 707-803-2102
Did you know that the SBA offers Disaster Assistance once a federal declaration is made?
The SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who suffered losses:
- SBA disaster loans are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs not fully covered by insurance or other compensation.
- SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to individuals and families:
- Homeowners: up to $200,000 to repair or replace real estate damage and up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
- Renters: up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property.
- SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, including most private nonprofit organizations. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million for any combination of property damage or economic injury:
- Property Damage: Loans to repair or replace real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other assets that were damaged or destroyed (available to businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations).
- Economic Injury: Loans for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations suffering adverse financial impacts of the disaster (with or without property loss), loans for working capital (called Economic Injury Disaster Loans) to help pay obligations until normal operations resume.
General Information about Disaster Assistance from the SBA
THREE WAYS TO APPLY TO SBA for Disaster Assistance:
- Apply online using SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
- Apply in person at any Disaster Loan Outreach Center and receive personal, one-on-one help from an SBA representative. For additional information or to find a location near you visit our website at https://www.sba.gov or call SBA at (800) 659-2955. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing may call (800) 877-8339.
- Apply by mail: Send completed paper application to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
For more Information Download the U.S. SBA Fact Sheet on Disaster Loans