- If you are looking for assistance due to Wildfire Disaster, please see our page for Wildfire-Impacted Businesses
- The SBDC provides advising, education, and information for disaster planning, disaster recovery and loans. However, we do NOT make disaster loans; the SBA does. If you want our help with disaster or other business loans, please request our services or call us at 707-595-0060
About SBA Disaster Loans
Did you know that the SBA offers Disaster Assistance once a federal declaration is made?
The SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to non-farm businesses of all sizes, private nonprofits, homeowners and renters who suffered losses:
- SBA disaster loans are the primary source of money to pay for repair or replacement costs not fully covered by insurance or other compensation.
- SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to individuals and families:
- Homeowners: up to $200,000 to repair or replace real estate damage and up to $40,000 to replace personal property.
- Renters: up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property.
- SBA offers low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, including most private nonprofit organizations. Businesses may borrow up to $2 million for any combination of property damage or economic injury:
- Property Damage: Loans to repair or replace real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other assets that were damaged or destroyed (available to businesses of any size and private, non-profit organizations).
- Economic Injury: Loans for small businesses and most private non-profit organizations suffering adverse financial impacts of the disaster (with or without property loss), loans for working capital (called Economic Injury Disaster Loans) to help pay obligations until normal operations resume.
General Information about Disaster and Recovery Assistance
- Employment/ Unemployment questions: www.edd.ca. gov Unemployment Compensation Claims: 1-800-333-4606; for Employment/Unemployment questions go to www.edd.ca.gov
- Rebuilding/Hiring a Contractor: www.cslb.ca.gov; (800) 962-1125 To verify contractor licensure: call 1-800-321-CSLB or go to https://www.cslb.ca. gov /OnlineServices/CheckLicensell/CheckLicense.aspx
- FEMA Disaster Assistance Hotline: 1-800-621-FEMA or 1-800-621-3362; TTY 1-800-462-7585
- SBA Disaster Assistance Center: 1-800-659-2955 or 1-800-359-2227 www.sba.gov/offices/headquarters/oda
- American Red Cross: www.redcross.org
How to Apply for Disaster Assistance from the SBA
- Apply online using SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
- Apply by mail: Send completed paper application to U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.
For more Information Download the U.S. SBA Fact Sheet on Disaster Loans